Tuesday, February 1, 2011


Well, another sunny day in Yakima and where do I find myself? In the beautiful White House Cafe! My gracious host, Sherry, allowed me to bring in several gift items to get ready for the week long event. (Feb.7th through the 14th) Shop Girl lives to decorate, eat and talk, not necessarily in that order either....But I could hardly wait to create a little French toiletry section on her lovely, white wood display piece. Sherry also has a very cool ancient metal and glass trolley from a hospital that I couldn't wait to call my own for display, if only for a week...so that was cleared for me and I went to work on that too!


I stashed the clothes upstairs in one of her dreamy B & B bedrooms ----until the fashion show on the 9th--- and had to control myself not to lie down on the poofy, downy bed. I started day dreaming about cooing doves and spring time while my hubby lugged the heavy clothes rack upstairs. Yes, he is a treasure and many have said that he spoils me...


All the while, there were the most delicious fragrances coming from the kitchen and the last of the luncheon guests were contentedly filing out the door. My overall feeling was that this eatery is a Yakima treasure. Thank you Sherry for having the foresight to create this lovely oasis in town in such a charming house! Shop Girl loves it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment